The Crichton Community Council (CCC), known as the three-Cs, is a volunteer organization that provides seasonal programs and ongoing community service in New Edinburgh.
Since its establishment on June 9, 1993, the CCC has worked to enhance New Edinburgh’s sense of community in New Edinburgh Park on the bank of the Rideau River.
The CCC acts as the steward of the New Edinburgh Fieldhouse on behalf of the City of Ottawa, in the interest of New Edinburgh residents.
CCC events occur throughout the year. The CCC activates the Fieldhouse and surrounding public spaces with seasonal programs and events designed for youth and those that are young at heart. Past events have included:
New Year’s Day Brunch
Marathon Cheering Station & Family BBQ
Annual General Meeting
Films at the Field House
Neighbourhood Garage Sale
Visit the events calendar for additional information about these and other CCC events.
CCC initiatives include:
- management of public access to Fieldhouse facilities – washrooms and water fountain;
- management of Fieldhouse reservations for public events and private rentals – multi-purpose room and kitchen;
- maintenance of the neighbourhood’s two outdoor, illuminated skating rinks;
- stewardship of the playground and lawns outside the Fieldhouse (rental of outdoor spaces can be done through the City of Ottawa);
- public space advocacy – active voice for improvements to the neighbourhood’s public realm; and,
- collaboration with the New Edinburgh Community Association (NECA), the New Edinburgh Community and Arts Centre (NECTAR), the Rideau Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre (RRCRC) and other community groups.
Have some time to give to your community? Let us know. Connect with your community and make it a better place!
CCC meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month (except July and August) at 7:30 pm in the New Edinburgh Fieldhouse, at 203 Stanley Avenue, or online while the pandemic is ongoing. All meetings are open to the public.
203 Stanley Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1M 1P2
Facebook – @CrichtonCommunityCouncil
Instagram – @CrichtonCommunityCouncil
Twitter – @NEFieldhouse