The Crichton Community Council (CCC), known as the three-Cs, is a volunteer organization that provides seasonal programs and ongoing community service in New Edinburgh.
Since its establishment on June 9, 1993, the CCC has worked to enhance New Edinburgh’s sense of community by activating the public spaces in New Edinburgh Park on the bank of the Rideau River.
The CCC acts as the steward of the New Edinburgh Fieldhouse and the surrounding public spaces, on behalf of the City of Ottawa, in the interest of New Edinburgh residents. In our work we contribute to the management of these spaces and strive to enhance them. We endeavour to create spaces and activities that are inclusive and are safe for all users.
The CCC collaborates with the New Edinburgh Community Association (NECA), the New Edinburgh Community and Arts Centre (NECTAR), the Rideau Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre (RRCRC) and the City of Ottawa.
Want to rent the New Edinburgh Park Fieldhouse? Find details here.
CCC events occur throughout the year. The CCC activates the Fieldhouse and surrounding public spaces with seasonal programs and events designed for youth and those that are young at heart. Annual events include:
New Year’s Day Brunch (January 1)
Hockey Day (February)
Bike Day (last Saturday in April)
Plant Sale (Saturday before Mother’s Day in May)
Marathon Cheering Station & Family BBQ (end of May)
Annual General Meeting (June)
Volunteer Recognition (June)
Films at the Field House (August & September)
Neighbourhood Garage Sale (third Saturday in September) – 2020 CANCELLED due to COVID-19
Halloween Howl (Saturday before Halloween in October)
Skating (weather permitting late December – early March)
Visit the events calendar for additional information about these and other CCC events.
CCC initiatives include:
- management of public access to Fieldhouse facilities – washrooms and water fountain;
- management of Fieldhouse reservations for public events and private rentals – multi-purpose room and kitchen;
- maintenance of the neighbourhood’s two outdoor, illuminated skating rinks;
- stewardship of the playground and lawns outside the Fieldhouse (rental of outdoor spaces can be done through the City of Ottawa);
- public space advocacy – active voice for improvements to the neighbourhood’s public realm; and,
- collaboration with the New Edinburgh Community Association (NECA), the New Edinburgh Community and Arts Centre (NECTAR), the Rideau Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre (RRCRC) and other community groups.
Have some time to give to your community? Let us know. Connect with your community and make it a better place!
CCC meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month (except July and August) at 7:30 pm in the New Edinburgh Fieldhouse, at 203 Stanley Avenue, or online while the pandemic is ongoing. All meetings are open to the public. Please confirm meeting dates, locations and times on the events calendar since meetings are occasionally rescheduled. Please email the President if you wish to have an item for discussion added to a meeting agenda.
CCC Board Members
Many individuals contribute to making New Edinburgh a dynamic and inclusive neighbourhood. Please contact us if you are interested in contributing to the efforts of the CCC, either as an event volunteer or board member.
Manager, Ice Rinks
|Thaïs Martin Navas||Fieldhouse Rentals Manager|
203 Stanley Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1M 1P2
Facebook – @CrichtonCommunityCouncil
Instagram – @CrichtonCommunityCouncil
Twitter – @NEFieldhouse